Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spelling for Joshua this summer

round  some stop take thank  them walk then think when
may i have some watermelon? asked wally. 
yes, mom answered, but first wash your hands.

I had a meeting earlier this week for my youngest son, Joshua, at his school.  He is in 5th grade and will be moving to the Middle school this fall.  Joshua is also on the spectrum.  He is on grade level WITH LOTS OF SUPPORT (i.e. having someone scribe for him constantly).  One area that Joshua desperately needs help with is spelling.  Many times he will ask me to spell words for him that would be simple to sound out.  So, I am exploring different methods to teach him spelling using phonics for the summer.  I think I may share our videos here on Mark's blog.  We will see, maybe Joshua will want his own blog...




No comments:

Post a Comment