Thursday, December 4, 2014

Picking the first choice...

An apple is a fruit. a fish lives in a pond. a muffin  is food. Milk is a drink. Tomato is a vegetable. 
pretty. ran 
I ran to school. 
ride
I ride my bike.




...I have been concerned that Mark always selects the first item offered to him when given choices.  For example, if I write on the board:  apple   pig   house
and then ask him "Which on is an animal?" He will start to say apple because that is the first choice.  So, I have been trying to make sure I have his attention and ask the question very purposefully.  I think twice he said the first word but then changed his answer when I asked him a second time.  I could tell he took more time to listen and then considered the choices before he gave the answer.  Maybe next week, we will move to open ended questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment