Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"Oh my goodness"

Ever since Mark was small...he has always practiced saying certain words...this was a great mystery to me before we had an official diagnosis.  He would pick up a word and use it all day, then, I would never hear him say it again.  I remember one week he was sitting in the stroller and we were walking through the park and he was pointing at every tree and saying "tree, tree, tree".  Then, the next week he would point at every dog and say, "dog, dog, dog".  However, I never heard him say tree again...or dog...

I also remember one day, sitting on the deck and he pointed to a red petunia and said "flower" just as clear as can be...never heard that word again either..

Lately, it seems that Mark has been "practicing" his speech again...repeatedly saying "beautiful" one night and "pineapple" the next day.  On the way back from the Falls, he kept saying, "Oh my goodness"...I'm pretty sure he picked up that from me...




Words Mark knows:
a
an
can
dad
do
I
if
is
mom
my
name
old
she

No comments:

Post a Comment