Thursday, August 28, 2014

Getting into the groove

Hello!  I don't have a lot to say today...Mark worked very well and was focused.  We seem to be hitting a good groove.  I am trying to make him "think" more and not provide so many words for him to copy.  It is clear to see that he is very good at copying but the point is for him to share his own personal thoughts (eventually...).  So, I am giving him less cues and still determining what he knows...I can see when he really has to stop and think about how to type a word that I have not given him to copy.

Our start of school here in Moscow, Idaho has been delayed for 2 weeks while they finish up construction work.  At first I was a little upset about this because I am very much ready for my little one to get back to school!  However, this is giving Mark and I a chance to work for and that is a good thing.  A friend asked what I was going to do when school starts.  We will not have time to do our "session" in the morning.  Initially, I was going to try and keep this to a 15 minute session but it clearly takes us longer than that and sometimes is depends on how cooperative Mark is.  I would guess we are working for at least 30 minutes and probably closer to 45 minutes.  It seems to be going fine...I want to keep it fun for him but get work done at the same time.  He does seem to enjoy his time with me.  Usually at the beginning, I have to reward him a bit  but once we get going, he gets in a good rhythm and stops asking for "gummies, gummies, gummies!

...I guess I did have a lot to say...


No comments:

Post a Comment