Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

I wanted to take a minute to say a big Thank You to the Idaho Council on Developmental Disabilities, Idaho Parents Unlimited and Stepping Stones, Inc.  Each of these organizations provided scholarship money to help me attend the conference in Syracuse.  I could NOT have made that trip without this support!  I really wanted to go last year (2013) but just could not afford it so I immediately started lining up support so I could make it this year.  I even put together a powerpoint presentation of the information I learned and will present it to anyone that is interested!!!

One important thing I learned in Syracuse was to use video documentation to show progress.  For this reason, I decided to start this blog and insert our videos into the blog to keep a record of our progress.  I work with Mark each morning and I have another individual that works with Mark in the afternoon.  We both do the same lesson plan.  I have created all the lesson plans myself and they will change as I learn more about Mark's abilities.  I am already thinking that I should incorporate a spelling list...if anyone has suggestions, I would love to hear them!  Also, keeping this blog will keep me motivated to keep going and working on our reMARKable communication...



No comments:

Post a Comment