Wednesday, August 13, 2014

More than you know...

I am so happy with the progress that Mark and I are making.  I am learning to take cues from his body when he is reaching toward the keyboard and experimenting with different placement of my hand.  He knows so many words and I am trying to identify a way to "categorize" the words he knows.  At the same time, I am trying to think of a way to start teaching him new words.  I think I will start with a simple spelling list and include it into our set work.  Also, I am thinking that we should start to move to two word phrases, typing one word at a time is just too easy for him.

We work on his pointing skills a lot.  Sometimes, he does not isolate his "pointer" and I give gentle reminders.  This was mentioned a lot when I was in Syracuse and now I realize how critical it is to his learning to type!


No comments:

Post a Comment